Squirrel are the data controller and therefore are responsible for your personal data. If you have a complaint with how we collect and use your data, please contact us at email@example.com so we can resolve it for you.
WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA?
Personal Data is any information that can identify an individual. The type of data Squirrel collects includes name, social media profile and technical data when you visit our website or comment on our social media.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
We collect your data in couple of different ways; name and social media profile when you follow, like or comment on our social media.
We collect your technical data by using a website statistics plugin. We have chosen a plugin that only gives an overall view of traffic to our website and does not collect or store your personal computer data (ie. IP address).
HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA?
We will only use your personal data where we are legally permitted.
- Name & Social Media Profile, we will respond to any query and interaction.
- Technical Data, we will only assess your technical data in relation to the performance of our website.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent for us to hold your data at any time.
Occasionally we do share your personal data in relation to the running of the website to:
- Service providers ie. IT and administration services.
- Professional advisers ie. designers, lawyers, accountants and insurers.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the United Kingdom.
We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for their specified purpose. All third parties are assessed and required to treat treat your data in accordance with the law.
TRANSFER OF DATA OUTSIDE THE EEA
European law now prohibits transfer of personal data outside of the EEA unless the transfer meets certain criteria. Our website storage is outside of the EEA – however, we have made sure that it meets EEA standards.
If we suspect a breach of personal data we have put a system in place to notify yourself and the ICO as soon as possible.
We will only keep your data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose of collection. If you would like your details removed please contact firstname.lastname@example.org